Pages

Slider

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Progress Update

How are you doing with your new goals?  Things are going pretty well here, with a few minor setbacks of course.  It wouldn't be motherhood and we wouldn't be human if we didn't have those right?

For the most part I have been pretty good about saying my prayers in the morning.  The first week I did really well and noticed a huge difference in my attitude and the way I responded in difficult situations.  It's almost as if I was more consciously aware that I wasn't alone on this journey.  The more calm and connected I was with Heavenly Father the more calm and connected the kids seemed to be to me.  I know, it's not rocket science right?  But the truth is that even though you "know" that's how it works you just don't "get it" or "remember"until you do it.  But it's not always easy.  The weekend was particularly rough for me.  I have had a lot of other things on my mind and since we don't have our typical weekday routine I forgot my morning prayers both Saturday and Sunday.  But it wasn't until Sunday night that I recognized that missing those opportunities to pray likely greatly contributed to my somewhat foul mood.  So I decided to set an alarm on my phone to go off every day just as a reminder in case I forget.  Truth be told, it didn't work.  I think I set it for too late in the morning because every time it went off I was in the middle of a store or appointment.  I still think it's a great idea so I'm going to try setting it earlier and see how that goes.

Scripture study has been going pretty well.  I've been making my way through all of the conference talks from April and have been loving every minute.  Don't get me wrong, the standard works are great but modern revelation is so easy to relate to.  But as soon as I'm done with conference it's back to scriptures for another round of the Book of Mormon.  What hasn't gone as planned is getting up early to study.  Late nights, a teething baby and kids getting up earlier than usual have foiled my plan.  So I've been reading either during nap time, if they both sleep or before bed.  I still think I will get more out of it in the morning myself but I need to get my sleep habits under control first.  Sleep will be a whole blog post in and of itself but the long and short of it is that I don't hate mornings, I actually really like them, but I really like staying up late too.  It's not a great combination because then I don't really love mornings and this contributes to a whole host of problems like being grumpy when the kids get up before 7:00 am, feeling tired all day, eating food that I probably shouldn't, having no energy, etc.  I'm working on it but it's taking some serious discipline!  

I am hoping to post Finding Balance in Life: Part II soon.  But since it's 10:30 and I'm working on that discipline thing I better sign off for now.

Have a great night!?

0 Share your thoughts:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs